Exotica-Cool Strange Unusual Music Group

Exotica-Cool Strange Unusual Music Group
Click Sandy to go to our Facebook Page

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Belly Bongo Exotic Compilation 7

Back in those days, we considered 128 kbps the ultimate mp3-standard. Most sharities were posted online in that format. Speaking of "sharity". I believe it was Magnus Bellybongo who introduced this word. I downloaded a lot of his exotic album-rips and exotic they were! He also made compilations and unfortunately this is the only one I can find back in my archives... It was also incomplete, because in that period I had a phone-in-connection and downloads where often interupted. From the bellybongo page I saved with it I deduced what the missing number 14 should be, found it on youtube and ripped it.
As this is "exotic compilation 7" there should be at least 6 others (or did Magnus mean "exotic 7 INCHES). If anyone happens to have (some of) the others, or know more, or if you are Mr. Magnus Bellybongo himself, please leave a comment.

01 Ferrando Jacques (narrator) - Visit Brazil
02 Orchestra Sam Samson - Plim Cha-Cha
03 Juliette - Mon Amour
04 Armando Sciascia - Tamoure Alue
05 Carmen Lesay - Sunset Mood
06 The Links - Pyramid
07 The Tikis - Big Feet
08 Grete Klitgaard - Okensand
09 The Leaders - Singapore Passage
10 Karen Dolin - I wish I were a mystic
11 Mary Line and the Stirr Up Boys - Fiesta aux bongos
12 Becca - Personality
13 Mamselles - Get ready + Let the sunshine in
14 Adam Ross and the Evesdroppers - Mine Alone
15 Wanda Stafford - Happy Sunday
16 Karin Krog - Spring Affair

JT

4 comments:

  1. THANK YOU!
    Belly Bongo was the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one of the old Bellybongo compilations, but it doesn't have any number, nor any cover scans or such. How do I post it here?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jan,
    First option: Zip it up and add it to your preferred file transfer method. Then email me at exoticaringadm@att.net.

    Second Option: Your also invited to participate by becoming a blogger. Just like Jan T from the Netherlands who posted #7. I could set you up with an account and you can post it yourself as implied. Since there is no artwork, artwork may have to be made. Let me know to what extent to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the artwork just might come up in a search here: http://easydreamer.blogspot.com/ the site still looks like it works! Wowza. Been looking, but not having much success. Bu that's because I stink at these things. Like a horse. Put the music in front of me and I'll listen to it. (smile)

    ReplyDelete